Saturday, June 19, 2010

World's Greatest Dad(s)

Happy Father's Day!
Ron and I are extremely blessed to have wonderful Father's and one very special Grandfather in our lives. We are so grateful for the countless sacrafices they have made on our behalves and for the constant love and support they send our way.
First, meet my Dad, Wayne. He's a kid a heart and gives the best back and foot rubs of anyone I know! In fact, when my sister and I both are home, we fight over who's back Dad is going to massage first! He's a self professed work-a-holic and when he's not working he loves to watch the Lifetime Movie Network (not kidding) and eat a bowl of ice cream. He loves the outdoors, swimming in the ocean in the dead of winter, floating on his back miles and miles down the coast and is not afraid to stop and ask for directions. He wears socks with his sandles and flip flops and never wears a belt with his pants. He's my Dad, he taught me to swim, ride a bike and love unconditionally. He sees the best in all people and always gives the benefit of doubt. Dad, (& Granddaddy) I love you so much!
Meet Ronald Dean Wendt. Also known as Grandpa. He's Ron's Mother's Father and Ron's namesake. He also the kindest, most generous and warm hearted man I know. He always has a huge smile on his face and he brings a smile to my face everytime we talk with, "How are you, Hun?" He's loves his Great-Grandsons dearly and is the official "Jack of all Trades." There is nothing this man cannot do or fix. He and Grandma Betty love to travel and have driven to see us from Illinois countless times. Everytime they visit, our house always benefits. He has installed a peep hole in our front door, custom cabinets in all of our closets, blinds and has made numerous improvements to preexisting gadgets. He also made us a contraption so we can change the speed on our 14 foot ceiling fan! If you think it's broken, he can fix it! Thank you Grandpa! We love you!
Meet Jim. Most of you have and no doubt, he probably made an impression! He's Ron's Father and the life of the party that is, if the party ends at 9pm. He's early to bed, early to rise and always greets me with, "Heyyyyyy, Girl!" Jim is a man of a few words but when he's got something to say it's usually note worthy. Jim is the King of the Grill, an excellent chef and makes the most delicious North Carolina style BBQ and smothered chicken sandwhiches. He's the best Grandfather to George and Grant and enjoys playing, "sneaky, sneaky, sneaky" the game where he and George sneak up on everyone in the room and scare us! He rubs his hands together when he's excited, cleans his plate faster than anyone I know and tells dirty jokes. He's a devoted son and the reason Ron chose a construction career and for that, I don't if I should thank him or kill him, haha! We love you Poppy!

And now on to my sweet husband who is celebrating his first Father's Day.
Ron, You have been the best Daddy to Grant over the last nine months. My love for you has grown deeper after witnessing the love and affection you shower our baby boy with daily. You are very hands on and don't hesitate to share your opinion on my parenting skills or tell me how you would have done something different but that's what makes you such a great parent, you care about each and every detail! "Stop using those medela bottles, Grant can't drink from those fast enough!" "Buy some pajamas that fit, these are too little!" (Which they never are?!) "Mommy doesn't know how to comb little boys hair, here, let's show her how it's done." Most importantly and most hysterical, "Be careful with his little boy parts! Mommy doesn't understand Grant, don't worry!" Grant is so lucky to have you as his Daddy and I can't wait til he's old enough to go on all those camping trips with you that you talk about, you will be the best of friends I just know it!

Grant is such a lucky little boy to have so many men to model himself after. Thank you to you all for being such an influential part of my son's life and always being there for Ron and I. We love you and Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

  1. What a touching post, Jena! Let's chat soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Grant is a lucky little fella! :) I love your posts! Now I just want to see more pics of my Jena on your blog! :) Miss you..

    ReplyDelete