Friday, we will celebrate Grant's one and a half year birthday! That's a mouthful huh? In other words my baby boy will be eighteen months old. Here's what he's up to at this stage in his life:
Grant is on the move constantly! He has recently accomplished crawling up onto ALL of our furniture so all bets are off. I have to have one eye on him at all times. His favorite no-no is running from one end of our sectional sofa to the other and throwing all the pillows off onto the floor. Some days I feel like the only thing I do is pick up after him or redo what he has undone.
Grant is talking up a storm. He seems to have his own language and when he doesn't know a word for something he makes one up and speaks to it with conviction. It's mostly gibberish but the words are slowly but surely coming. He surprises us daily on what he picks up on.
He's taking mostly three hour naps from 1-4 and still sleeps 12 hours at night.
Grant loves to be outdoors. In fact, our yard has become the gathering place for all the neighborhood kiddos. I think I have more fun from the interaction than Grant. I partake in the game playing with the 9-year-old girls next door and have realized this week that I don't get up as quickly as I used to when playing duck, duck, goose. Grant is all boy, he loves to throw and kick balls, swing his golf club and ride on his tricycle which he calls a "car."
Grant is completely obsessed with Elmo. You never realize that Elmo is literally EVERYWHERE you go until your child spots him in the grocery aisle and shouts, "MELMO, MELMO!" and you have to apologize to the fellow patrons and explain that he's just really excited to see his pal. He's also recently become interested in cars and his John Deere tractors that he's been ignoring for months. He gets on the floor and pushes them while saying "beep, beep" and "choo, choo" and crashes them into each other.
Overall, Grant is at a really fun, active, loveable stage. He is always seeking freedom and independence but at the end of the day is a total Momma's boy who gives the best hugs and loves to blow kisses.

Grant watching the Grammy's.
No comments:
Post a Comment