Not long after Grant and I awoke on Good Friday Mimi, Poppy, Aunt Lesley, Uncle Lanier, George and Betty arrived after driving all night long to spend the Easter weekend with us! I know I have been slow in getting these pictures posted but it's only because there are soooo many and they are all too good not to share. Consequently, I'm breaking the Easter weekend into two separate posts because there is entirely too much to share.
Laurie was kind enough to let us borrow her jump castle for the weekend which provided loads of entertainment for the little ones. George and Grant had a blast together all weekend. Grant followed him around constantly and when he did stray from Grant's eyesight, Grant would yell, "GEORGE!" These two are inseperable.

Beautiful Betty has grown so much since our last visit and my first time meeting her in
January. She is such a sweet and loving little lady. Grant loved kissing her and pointing and saying, "baby!"

After the boys behaved so well having their photo taken with the live bunnies and in the fabulous outfits Mimi smocked they were rewarded with a trip to the fountain. George had a ball!

You never know what you're going to get with Grant... one day he loves the fountain, the next, not so much. This day he was a little overwhelmed with the crowd.

On the contrary, George couldn't get enough!

Mimi and her boys

After which I said, Timeout! I want to be in
A (at least one) photo...

After our fountain fun we enjoyed seafood at
Wintzell's Oyster House.

Saturday morning we all took a day trip to the beautiful beaches of Alabama. The highlight would be Ron and I being interviewed by a local news station on the beach about tourism and the economy of Gulf Shores. Lesley had some great photos of the interview on her camera, one day I'll share. For now, take my word for it because after watching the six o'clock news we sadly discovered we didn't make the cut.

George and Grant playing in the sand, the weather was gorgeous!

Grandma and Grandpa taking in all the excitement

George loved jumping the waves!

Saturday evening was quite eventful after everyone took naps, we were all tired out after a long day at the beach. We grilled out and devoured sundaes, Yum-O.

Savannah came over to play and got mighty dirty, mighty fast with dyeing easter eggs and drawing with sidewalk chalk. Here she is in one of Grant's t-shirts. They had a blast!

Savannah's first ice cream cone. I believe they liked it, What do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment