Thursday, July 30, 2009

Home Again!

After a long stay in NC, I'm finally back home with my hubbie and beloved dog! Tuesday's night flight was less than ideal. There was bad weather and both of my planes were delayed. It's by the grace of God that I made my connecting flight in Atlanta. On the plane from Raleigh to Atlanta I asked the flight attendant last minute if he could keep an eye out for an empty seat in the front of the plane for me, I knew being able to move up a lot of rows would mean the difference in me making my flight and being stuck in Hotlanta for the night. I was actually able to move about 20 rows up thank goodness! Luckily, the plane arrived in Concourse A and my departing gate was only about 20 gates from where we arrived. I heard the last boarding call for Mobile and I booked it. You should have seen the stares. Here I am, almost nine months pregnant with swollen feet and luggage waddling/running as fast as I could breathing like I'm having an asthma attack just trying to make it to the gate! I tried to hop on two golf carts and unfortunately, both were waiting for wheel chairs, UGH! I finally made it on the plane, and had to stop immediately to catch my breath. The flight attendant and pilot told me to slow down, handed me water and said they prefer if not have the baby on the plane, haha! I finally arrived in Mobile around 9pm CST. Unfortunately, my luggage didn't make it. That did not faze me one bit, I was just so grateful to finally be home and to see Ron after 10 long days apart! My luggage did arrive the next day but half the stuff inside was wet! It had probably sat outside in the rain the night before. Moral of the story, only fly this late in pregnancy if you absolutely have to and try not to do it alone!!
My parents are actually on there way down to visit Ron and I as I type. They have not visited us in our new home yet and thankfully, they are bringing all of my baby shower presents with them. I'm looking to a fun filled weekend showing them around our little part of the country with lots of breaks inbetween to put my feet up of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment