I have enjoyed a wonderful week in North Carolina with my family and visiting friends. The week flew by and the highlight was gettting together with my best friends on Saturday the 25th to celebrate Grant's upcoming arrival! The hostesses of my baby shower outdid themselves, the food, drinks, games and decorations were fantastic. The best part of the day was when the hostesses surprised me with a BOB jogging stroller, I was shocked and thrilled to receive such a wonderful gift! Enjoy the pictures from the day below.
The shower had a baby-bird theme. Here are the adorable and yummy cupcakes. My friend Kim was in charge of the decorations and she knows how much I love bird-theme decor and nick nacks. They decorated with bird's nests, and used robin's egg blue as the dominant color.
The awesome food for the brunch, great job ladies! Lauren, I want that breakfast dessert recipe!
Here's a candle for you today
To light when the baby is on his way.
With a flicker of this flame,
Say a prayer in Grant's name.
I loved this idea! My Mom and Jody took the extra to send to family members.
This box full of goodies was from Brooke, she said all of the contents were her son, Borden's favorites. We received Borden's favorite book, lullaby CD, favorite shampoo and body wash and plush toy, Brooke's favorite swaddling blanket, onesies, dishwasher basket, socks and hooded towel. Awesome stuff, Thanks Brooke!
Emily and Brooke leading the group in a game made especially for Grant. Similar to Jeopardy, the categories included: Grant's Family and Baby Facts. Some of the questions for the group were: "Grant's middle name comes from this special relative?" and "Riley has this trick covered, Grant will also be able to do it when he is about 4 months old." Do you know the answers??
Thank you Emily for all of your hardwork making the game, it was a hit and you did such a wonderful job! :)
Thanks to everyone for helping Ron and I prepare to welcome Grant in style. I enjoyed seeing you all and the time went by too fast! Again, thanks for your kind generosity!
Jena, You look GREAT and you have some amazing friends!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great shower..and I love the BOB jogger!! I'm still looking for a jogging stroller I like. You look beautiful as always!
ReplyDelete