Monday, August 10, 2009

Grant's Coming Home Outfit

Remember back to the posting from my trip to Illinois where I was surprised with a baby shower from Ron's family? Ron's Mom surprised me with a gown she had sewn for Grant to where home from the hospital. Throughout the week of our vacation she taught me how to smock and I diligently worked on smocking the center of the gown. After many, many hours successfully and unsuccessfully smocking the gown I finally completed the project. Trust me, I had to start over countless times! At the end of our trip, Jody took the gown back home with her to finish the hem and final details. She brought the gown back to me the weekend of the shower in Wilmington. Thought I would share the completed project with you. I'm awfully proud of my handywork although, I'm not in a hurry for another project anytime soon!
Receiving the gown at the baby shower in IL, It's a blank canvas...
Diligently working on smocking the gown...
The masterpiece is complete!
Close up of my hardwork!
Tag Jody included on the inside that reads, "Smocked by Mother"
Isn't Grant going to be a handsome boy in his beautifully smocked daygown the day he comes home from the hospital?

1 comment: