Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Three Years Baby!

My Wonderful husband and I are celebrating our third wedding anniversary today! Our wedding day was the best day of my life and it's hard to believe that three years have passed since the day we said our "I do's!" Ron and I started dating the summer after our sophomore year of college in 2002. We were not always exclusive but things turned serious our senior year and have been going strong ever since! I'm so lucky to have Ron as my best friend, husband and soon to be father of my baby boy! We have been through a lot in our three years of marriage and our adventures have taken us all over the country, in Ron's case, all over the world with his career in the USMC. Our travels and time spent away from North Carolina have just made our foundation that much stronger, we rely very heavily on eachother for the love and support that was so readily available to us from friends and family in NC. This past week Ron found a video of a news report done in the Mt. Airy area, where his parents currently reside. On a break from college Ron and I visited his parents one weekend and traveled to the Virginia line to buy lottery tickets. Upon arriving we were approached by a camera and news crew asking us if they could interview us for a story they were doing about the lottery and the advantages it would bring to our state. Of course, we obliged. The video is hillarious, you can hear me in my best southern drawl asking the cashier for "$5 worth of quick picks!" Ron stated after finding this video, "We're going to have to save this for our 5oth wedding anniversary and splice it into the slide show of our lives!" I quickly told him he was wishing our lives away but however thought it was incredibly sweet he's already looking ahead and planning our 50th wedding anniversary! I'm incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful husband, life and so much to look forward to with the soon to be arrival of Grant Fitzgerald. Here's to you, Babe!
Here is one of the first digital photos I have of Ron and I. This was taken in 2004 at the Beef Barn in Greenville, NC. Go Pirates!
Our wedding day, August 5th, 2006
Ron returns home from a seven month deployment in 2007, oh happy day!
Reunited and it feels so good!
Ron and I at an Auburn University Football game. We moved to Auburn, AL from Hampstead, NC in May of 2008. Total distance from our old lives to new: 544 miles, 8 hours and 40 minutes. What an adjustment that was!
Present day, settled into our new home in Spanish Fort, AL. An additional three + hours south of NC. Total distance from home: 757 miles, 11 hours 58 minutes. With our first child on the way, we're as happy as can be and look forward to a very long life together and hopefully staying put for awhile!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary you guys...I love you both and miss you bunches!! Can't wait to meet that baby boy of yours. Jena, you look great!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete