Thursday, November 12, 2009

Will you be my Godmommy?

My good friend, Jessica came to visit us last week and to meet Grant for the first time! Grant and I picked her up from the Pensacola Airport Monday night. It was so wonderful seeing a familiar face and spending a few days with her while showing her around this place we call home. :) I had a special surprise planned for her visit, I asked her to be Grant's Godmother! Jessica's birthday was Thursday the 5th so for her birthday I gave Jessica a framed picture of Grant. I photoshopped a bubble coming out of Grant's mouth with the inscription, "Aunt Jessie, will you be my Godmommy?" Needless to say she was very surprised and thankfully agreed to be a big part of our son's life! Ron and I believe that a Godparent should be someone outside of your family that you want to be a major influence in your child's upbringing and their relationship with God and the church. Jessica, one of my oldest and dearest friends is the perfect person for the job. She and I were the best of friends throughout elementary and high school and spent many summers at church camp, growing in our faith together. Not to mention, she loves children and is going to be a great Mom herself very soon! :) She stayed with us until last Thursday and flew back with Grant and I to North Carolina and was HUGE help on the airplane. Grant loves his Godmommy, thanks Aunt Jessie for coming to visit us!

Jessica loved the little town of Fairhope, we enjoyed
lunch at Panini Pete's and shopped all day!

Here's Jessica opening up her birthday gift from all of us

Here's the picture I gave her
Jessica and her Godson, Grant
We love you Aunt Jessie!

1 comment:

  1. so cute! he is amazingly adorable and i love the picture on your header! WOW

    i actually have White's Jean Machine {my mom gave it to me for Christmas 5 years ago}. basic, easy, good! http://www.whitesewing.com/4042.asp

    hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete