Ron and I celebrated his 28th birthday on December 30th in a grand way! We took full advantage of all the babysitters around on our trip home and embarked on our first night away from Grant. We headed to Meadows of Dan, Virginia to the lovely, Primland Resort in the Blue Ridge Mountains. http://www.primland.com/ Primland just opened last August and is known for their outstanding golf course, hunting, horseback riding and has an amazing observatory. Of course, we just went to relax and catch up on some much needed Zzzzzz's. We enjoyed a fabulous and intimate birthday dinner and were treated like royalty. The quality time together, extra sleep and the good clean air up there was just what the doctor ordered. We headed home the following day to reunite with our little boy. I couldn't stay away too long. Grant on another note did great! He slept through the night for the first time without feedings. He kept his Mimi and Poppy plus his great grandparents busy and not to mention his Mommy called every three hours to check up on him! Seems like he might have needed a break from us as well! :)
Deer were a common sight on the way to the resort which is located 3,000 feet up in the Blue Ridge Mountains. We approached a cluster of deer on the way in and I was able to snap this photo amazingly before this one shot off. He just stood there while Ron and I were parked in the car right next to him. I even had to dig through my bags to find my camera before taking this photo.
Thank you so much for the wonderful night's sleep you allowed me. I hate that I did not get to wallow in and enjoy your luxurious down comforter and pillows that felt so great against my very tired body. Ron is allergic to your softness. I hate that we had to call in and have you stripped of all of your fabulousness softness before we even settled in for the night. I so looked forward to delighting in your incredible plushness and getting the much needed zzzzz's I deserved. Instead, I spent the night trying to stay warm under just a sheet and throw blanket. Oh, how I had looked forward to you. Darn Ron's allergies...
With Regret,
Jena
No comments:
Post a Comment