The day after Christmas, Ron and I packed up the car and headed to Grandfather Mountain to spend a few days with his family. Our brother-in-law, Lanier's family has a Mountain house there and was so gracious to let us stay at their place! Upon arrival we were thrilled to see all of the snow on the ground, they had received around 10 inches a few days prior to our visit. It was freezing cold but we were aching to get out and do something adventurous! We decided to go sledding and it was the most fun I have had in a very, very long time. For a few hours I forgot my obligation as "Mom" and enjoyed the sensation of flying down a mountain completely carefree. The snow was fun but it was nice knowing that we would be returning to a warmer climate at the end of the trip. Enjoy the pics!
WWEEEeeeeeeeee!!
Making the trek back up the mountain...
Can you remember the last time you laughed until you cried? Well I couldn't prior to this trip. I fell so many times I lost count. Here I lost my balance walking back up the mountain.
No comments:
Post a Comment