We spent four days in Mozier, IL with Ron's Grandparents, (Jody's parents.) They are collector's of everything and always have the most unique things for us to do and play with. We all acted like big kids for the week and enjoyed sleeping in (when the kids allowed us) and eating a ton of GREAT food and ice cream every night after dinner.

The boys enjoyed playing on Grandpa's 1969 Ford Tractor


They also loved playing in and riding in this dune buggy that Ron's Grandad built in the 70's. It has a volkswagon engine and he built the exterior. The most interesting part is he used kitchen chairs for it's seats! It's a stick-shift and Ron's Mom taught me how to drive it later in the week!

Grant and Daddy on the tractor

Check out this fun car! Ron used to drive this in parades when he was a little boy!

George and Grant had the best time pretending to drive it!

Here we are returning from one of our excursions in the dune buggy

We found this turtle on our adventure, whom we named, "Calhoun." I made Ron turn around and go back and get it for George to play with during our stay. Don't worry, we returned "Calhoun" to his natural habitat the same day.

Daredevil Ron decided to take the plunge into the frigid temperatures of the creek. He said he felt like Bear Grylls on an adventure! I told him Bear Grylls would not have screamed like a girl upon entering the icy water!

Georged loved throwing rocks into the creek and I learned how to skip rocks!

I love my nephew, he is the sweetest and he loves his baby cousin whom he calls, "Gant"

I've never done this before but it was sooo much fun

We finished off the day with a baseball game of sorts.
Ron's Dad, Jim calls our gatherings, "Forced Family Fun" but I think every minute spent with my in-law family is a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment