Grant and I are thankfully back home in Alabama. We missed Ron terribly and we both were so relieved to be back in our own bed/crib, (goodbye and good
riddens pack-and-play.) After two weeks and two thousand miles we arrived safely back home one day early after leaving Charlotte in the middle of the night. Grant awoke at 3am on Thursday morning and refused to go back to sleep. What's a burnout/tired/frustrated Mom to do? Pack up the car, set off your sister-in-laws alarm and make the long drive back across four states to reach your final destination. I did take a three hour break at
Ikea in Atlanta and fell in love. I could stay in that place forever and now will make it a stop on all of my trips. I wanted to share with you the last week of our trip in NC, the majority of our time was spent with my parents in Clinton. We had many visitors and enjoyed not being on a schedule, sleeping in and brainstorming about my brother's upcoming wedding in June.
Grant's Aunts came to visit and we cooked out to celebrate the occasion. Aunt Jean, My Mom (always in her apron, of course,) Aunt Susan and Aunt Sue Ellen

Aunt Sue Ellen brought her newest addition, Susie Q, she is just the sweetest and tiniest little thing I've ever seen. Grant loved her as well, she is just his size.

Uncle Jeffrey and his fiance, Kristie came to visit as well

We also spent some time with Grant's Godmother, Jessica and her son Sammy. Here is Grant with Sammy and his cousins, Garrison and Clara Glynn...

Jessica and I having our picture made by her four-year-old nephew, Garrison

Dog, dog! Grant was obsessed with Riley and Sally. He would not stay out of their dog bowls, he loved
splashing the water and dumping their dog food out.

Grant loves his
Grandmama and Granddaddy
Tew!

My parents are lucky enough to live on a lake. Grant loved feeding the ducks and
screaming, "DUCK, DUCK!"

The beautiful white one is definitely a pet store duck that someone raised and then put in the lake later in life. When the ducks become spooked and fly off, they leave this beauty in the water all by himself, he can't fly.

Loving the outdoors and feeding the ducks

What do ducks eat? Grant's favorite of course, cheerios!


We broke up our drive by spending the night in Charlotte. While there, we visited my great friend and sorority sister, Rikki and her two girls.
Rikki and six month old, Berkley

Grant loved playing with
Caden and
Caden loved showing off her toys to Grant. Her favorite is her Dora doll she's carrying that sings and dances. She also put on her tutu while we were there! :)

The highlight of our
play date was when Grant landed a HUGE smooch on
Caden for his first official kiss!

Pucker up Grant! Of all times for my camera to fail me and become out of focus, ugh!

We loved meeting
Caden and Berkley and visiting their beautiful home, it made our trip home that much sweeter!

Now, I'm adjusting to life again as a stay-at-home Mom, for the time being anyways. I've had days of laundry, unpacking, reorganizing and unwinding to keep me busy. Grant and I loved every leg of our trip and are thankful to our wonderful family and friends for hosting us. We miss you all already!
such cute pics!!! Come to Maryland next time :)
ReplyDelete