I spent the weekend in Oriental, North Carolina celebrating my sorority sister and good friend, Melissa's wedding. Grant spent the weekend away with his Mimi and Poppy in Mt. Airy and I had the entire weekend to catch up with my college pals. Bliss, I tell you. Pure bliss. I stayed up late, slept in, took naps and enjoyed catching up with the gals...
Friday night we were all invited to an "After the Rehearsal Dinner Party." It was nice having two nights of events because one is never enough with this group.
We enjoyed desserts, cocktails and a slide show of the happy couple all the while enjoying this gorgeous venue, River Dunes in Oriental. This boating community is truly special and the most beautiful place for a wedding I've ever seen.
With mosquito's the size of cats flying about we sought refuge in front of the fire and this is where we spent hours catching, up laughing, telling stories and reliving college memories.
I am so lucky to have such a wonderful friends whom I don't see nearly enough.
After lounging at the pool on Saturday and playing several rounds of bananagrams it was finally time for the ceremony and the chapel was truly picturesque.
Melissa and Doug were married in front of the chapel with the crowd watching on from folding chairs in the lawn. The groomsmen wore khaki suits while the bridesmaids were in lavender with yellow bouquets. It was southern perfection.
Melissa was a stunning bride and I've never seen her happier!
The marina was directly behind the chapel
and at times the breeze coming off the waterway was a little strong...
The flowers were gorgeous
and the time spent together priceless.
I laugh to myself when I look at this photo. Not long ago we would have never taken the time out from dancing, conversation and cocktails to have a bite of cake and now we all sit down with our slices and contemplate strawberry or chocolate?
The night was magical and the bride and groom left with all of their friends and family wishing them well with a sparklers farewell.
The getaway was very much needed and appreciated. I came home and was so excited to see my little boy. Grant on the otherhand had a fabulous weekend. I'll share the details of his adventure very soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment