I'm so excited for my first baby shower on June 14th in Clinton. It is being hosted by two of my best friends from High School, Jessica Rouse Martin and Emily Griffin Greene and also by some of my Mom's friends. It's going to be held at a Bed and Breakfast in Clinton, The Shield House. Check out their website, www.shieldhouseinn.com I received the invitation in the mail this week, isn't it precious? I'm also very excited to visit with friends and family who have not yet seen my baby bump. Can't wait! Ron and I are going to a wedding in Auburn tomorrow for a couple we befriended during our time there. On Sunday morning, I'm getting up and driving once again to NC and will be there for the entire week! I plan on visiting friends in Greenville and Wilmington and spending the majority of my time in Clinton. My sister Beverly, is flying in on Friday the 12th and I'm estatic to see her! We have not seen eachother since Thanksgiving. She is currently living in Philadelphia, PA and her busy schedule does not allow her a lot of time off. Thank you to all of my wonderful family and friends who have gone to great lengths to make this shower possible, Grant, Ron and I are truely grateful!Riley is finally acting like his old self again. He's still a little sluggish and hopefully he's recovering from whatever was wrong. I told him this morning that we would be visiting "Tessa" (My Mom's Pomeranian, that he's loves!) very soon and he perked up!
This past Wednesday marked the beginning of the third trimester for me! I'm 2/3rd's of the way there!! Grant and I are doing very well. My last doctor's appointment was last week. I had to endure the glucola test which is when they test you for gestational diabetes. Diabetes is very prominent in my family so I was a little concerned. Testing positive for gestational diabetes can make your pregnancy quite difficult. Luckily, I passed with flying colors! Woohoo! The test consists of drinking this thick syrupy red drink which is FULL of sugar. You then have to wait an hour for them to check your blood sugar levels. The doctor checked Grant's heartbeat during the one hour waiting period and it had sped up to 154 BPM, it's usually around 140BPM and his response was that the baby reacts the same way to sugar that we do. He was on a sugar high! My belly is getting bigger by the day and is starting to get in the way of my everyday activities. Painting my toenails and even shaving have become increasingly difficult. I've been very lucky to not have any trouble sleeping, I do have one pillow though that is an absolute neccessity to have at night and I think the pillow is the reason I've been so comfortable. I've been experiencing some pretty strong kicks lately, sometimes Grant will kick so hard that it's almost like a tickeling sensation and it will make me laugh out loud! Ron continues to encourage me to read to Grant, and he has conversations with him at night about all the cool places they are going to visit together without Mom. One being, Easter Island, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Island. He reads to Grant often from the book, "1,000 Place to See Before You Die. " We are having a great time daydreaming about our little boy and being parents.
Jena - I love being able to "catch up" with you through your blog. I know this is an exciting time! And after the baby gets here time flies! Anna Kate turned 8 months yesterday. I wanted to let you know that I am going to be in New York the weekend of your shower so I won't be able to make it. I am bummed that I am going to miss visiting with everyone. I can't wait to see pictures of Grant when he arrives :)
ReplyDeleteHeather Anderson
I'm so glad you passed your gestational diabetes test..I had that and it was nooo fun! It sounds like you and baby Grant are doing just wonderful!
ReplyDelete