Thursday, July 16, 2009

On the go again!

Tomorrow I'm flying into Wilmington to spend a week with my family down at Carolina Beach. My sister has the week off and is driving down from Philly, we haven't spent more than a few days together in years and I'm thrilled to be getting such quality time with all of my family! On Saturday, July 25th, eleven of my wonderful friends are hosting a baby shower brunch in honor of Grant and I at Brooke's house. I'm so excited to be reunited with all of my best friends and I'm looking forward to a week of rest, relaxation and some serious beach time! Please contact me if you're in the Wilmington area at all next week, I want to make the most of the visit and squeeze in all I can while there!
On Wednesday I visited the doctor for my 33 week appointment. I was mainly concerned about all the swelling I have been experiencing. My mother-in-law was worried the doctor might not want me traveling so I was relieved when he said there was nothing to worry about. What I'm experiencing is normal benign pregnancy swelling. It's just unusual to be experiencing it this early which can usually mean an early delivery date. Here's a pic of my swollen piggies after a day wearing tennis shoes in IL. My feet were the ongoing joke all week long. Ron's Dad kept telling me to "cover those things up!" My next appointment will be on July 31st, I'll have my last ultrasound and we should get an idea of how big Grant is. It works out great because my parents will be down here then visiting and my Mom will be able to go to my ultrasound appointment with me, she's ecstatic!

Things on the homefront are going very well. Ron is dissapointed I'm leaving him once again for another week. Last night we talked about how much he left me when he was in the Marine Corps. Ron was gone for six months each of our first and second year of marriage! After all we've been through I feel better when he's the one leaving me, I don't do well leaving him. I worry about silly stuff like what he's eating for dinner and if he has enough clean clothes. Yes, I've turned into quite the domestic diva. I also drive him crazy asking about my fur-child, Riley. "Is Riley eating?" "Did you take him for a walk?" "Are you being nice to him?" I also get Ron to put Riley on the phone nightly and I talk to him and tell him I love him and I'll be home soon! Maybe this is all too much information but I love my little family and worry about them when I'm not around! Ron and I are getting more and more excited about Grant's arrival. I cracked up when I returned from my trip because every now and then I'll walk into Grant's nursery and Ron will have snuck another football into the room! We're still in the process of finding a home for our things since the move and Ron continues to find footballs of all sizes and proudly displays them in "his boy's" room! This time he had put a huge football on one of Grant's bookshelves beside a stuffed animal. He's a proud Dad already and can't wait for Grant to enjoy Football season with him!
Can't wait to see all my Carolina Girls! XOXO- Jena




2 comments:

  1. Jena - I hope you have a wonderful trip to NC!!! I'm sorry I can't be at the shower! Hope to see you soon! Love ya and miss ya!

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting sooooo close! Hope you are enjoying all your travels while you can.

    ReplyDelete