
It's been awhile since I've actually updated you on how the pregnancy is going. Let's just say, I'm over it! I'm now 38 weeks and pretty miserable. Ron and I have been doing a lot to prepare for our little one's arrival. We took a childbirth education class, a breastfeeding class and I took and infant CPR class which were all extremely beneficial. Ron stated he didn't realize there was so much to having a baby! I packed my bags this week for the hospital in hopes that we would be needing them sooner than later. All the babies clothes, blankets and socks are all washed and waiting. I started seeing my Doctor weekly at 35 weeks and yesterday I went for my 38 week appointment. I was a fingertip dialated which is equivilant to 1/2 a centimeter which is equivilant to pretty much NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! HA! Yesterday, my doc started talking induction which is a topic that I have mixed emotions about. The advantages of being induced would be knowing exactly what day you will go into labor which would be very convenient for our families traveling from NC. Also, you can plan and have everything lined up for out of town guests, there's also no embarrasing water-breaking-in-public action, or false labor scenarios. You also are assured that your doctor will be the one delivering your baby. Disadvantages: It can take hours upon hours for your cervix to dialate which means you could labor for days... this is what I'm particularly afraid of and the likelyhood of the induction ending up in a C-Section is very high. Inductions are a common practice down here in Southern Alabama. In fact, my good friend Kimmy does not know a single person who went into labor on their own. I asked my doctors nurses yesterday what percentage of his practice is induced and the answer was 80%. In NC, this just doesn't happen. You let nature take its course, right ladies? After my appointment yesterday I was lured into scheduling an induction for next Monday the 24th. After much thought and talking with our families and friends I have decided to postpone that date until the 31st and hopefully Grant will just arrive on his on and we won't have to worry about this mess! I just don't want to go past my due date and the concern with that is you have to schedule an induction 7-10 days in advance around here, they are that booked up and if I don't get something scheduled now, there's the possibility of delivering around Labor Day Weekend and let's face it, my doc will be out of town and I just don't want to be pregnant anymore! AAAGGHH!!! So here's hoping that Grant will decide this weekend he wants to "Drop it Like it's Hot" and move down south to meet his wonderful, patiently waiting parents! Please pray for me and a safe delivery!
Your so funny! Hes gonna come out very soon one way or another! Go eat some spicy food and keep walking up and down those stairs! ;)
ReplyDeleteI had my Henry without being induced, but they did have to break my water...just so you know, everyone I know that has been induced had the baby within an 8 hour period. Don't worry...I only know one person that HAD to have a C-section. You are going to do great!!
ReplyDeleteI think you made the right decision! And hang in there, the last couple of weeks are definately no picnic. Just try to get as much rest as you can right now.
ReplyDeleteI know you are getting anxious, but it is VERY common for first pregnancies to go over due date. I was induced just two days before my due date, and I probably would not choose to be induced again. Let me know if you want to talk! You will be just fine, and Grant will be here before you know it. Just think... he is easier to keep up with in your belly and he will come out big and strong!
ReplyDeleteDo what you think is right! I was induced but we had lots of problems during the pregnancy and it was just time..I was over the false labor and was already dilated to 5 before they induced! Your heart knows what the right decision is. We are thinking of you guys!! Love to all!
ReplyDelete