Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Grant's Christening

Grant officially became a Catholic on November 29th, the Sunday after Thanksgiving. We had a private ceremony at Christ the King Catholic Church in Daphne, AL and all of our family was present. It was a very special ceremony and a very memorable one at that. Grant cried the entire time. It was very stressful for me with trying to keep him quiet, he was basically in dire need of a nap and dressing him in his christening gown upon arriving at the church set him off. Sure enough, he fell asleep immediately after the ceremony allowing us to get some great family photos. It was a very special day and it made it even more special to have our family and closest friends there.

I'm laughing at Kimmy here because I have my finger in Grant's mouth trying to quiet him down. Kimmy thankfully took photos throughout the ceremony.

A quiet moment!
He was such a trooper, he actually
enjoyed having the water poured on his head.
Towards the end of the ceremony the Priest asked that we place Grant on the alter as if offering him up to God, this is reminiscent of what Mary and Joseph did with baby Jesus after his birth.
The Priest kissing Grant, now a child of God
The happy family following the ceremony!
Ron and I with our baby boy
A closeup of Grant with Poppy
Proud Daddy, I love this picture.
My family with Grant, we were so glad Jeffrey was
able to make the trip down for the big event!
Words can't describe how in love I am with my angel!

No comments:

Post a Comment