Thursday, July 29, 2010

Grant and Sam, Best Friends Forever

Last Friday, Grant and I embarked on a quick trip to North Carolina to visit friends, family and celebrate a great friends engagement with a bridal shower in her honor. We flew into Raleigh in the early afternoon and were greeted by my longtime BFF, Jessica with her newborn, Sam in tow. Sam is now 12 weeks and I was itching to get my hands on that little man. My last visit to NC was in May when Sam was just born and Grant and I were lucky enough to visit them both in the hospital. Sam is quickly growing and is the sweetest little guy. He is also way ahead of the curve and is letting his Mommy and Daddy sleep through the night. (Sigh, if we all could have been that lucky early on... right?) Grant and Sam had a fabulous time getting reaquainted and we spent Friday night at their house playing, grilling out and just enjoying our boys! I know these two studs will be the best of friends just like their Mommies!
Grant and Sam's first introduction in May
We HAD to attempt a photo of them together. It was actually a lot of work and took all three of us to try and get a decent shot. Grant, of course, was trying to climb all over Sam.
And then, he had had enough. My little escape artist was over the photo session. I love the smirk on Sam's face here, like "ha, I'm the only one who can behave!"
We got him to sit back down for one more
and then another, but we weren't fortunate enough for Sam to look up for the photo.
Finally, Grant wanted out and stepped all over Sam in the process.
Thank you for a wonderful visit Aunt Jessi! We miss you tremendously already!

1 comment:

  1. Awe! We miss you too...I'm already planning our trip to AL! I can't wait until we can turn the boys loose in the backyard and watch them go! We love you and we had a blast last week, thanks for visiting with us. See you soon!

    Aunt Jessi and Baby Sam

    ReplyDelete