Yesterday, after putting away some laundry I walked into the family room and Grant very proudly pointed to the couch and said, "Color, Color!"
And this is what I found. Not just this one but three lines just like this all on the backside of our sofa.
I took a minute, closed my eyes and counted to ten and very calmly told Grant the error of his ways and silently cursed myself for not putting away the pilot pen I spotted on the end table during his nap. I remembered what I had heard about ink stains and hairspray. I went and found the nearest bottle and gave it a shot.
After applying hairspray to all three lines, scrubbing the spots vigorously and then following this ritual with water to remove the stickiness, the spots miraculously disappeared and everything was ok in my world again. That is until he started doing this...
Whatever possessed me to buy a Pottery Barn Sofa in the midst of Grant's toddler years I'll never know. For now, I've resigned myself to the fact that this couch is in for it and there is absolutely nothing I can do about those sticky hands and dirty feet that excitedly mount it every. single. day.
Oh, is this what I have to look forward to??? Uh-oh....
ReplyDelete