Last Thursday I celebrated my 29th Birthday, the last year of my twenties. It was bittersweet as all birthdays are these days, we're only all getting older, right? I was overwhelmed with love and surprises all day long. Sweet cards in the mail, lunch with a friend, phone calls, facebook messages and these fabulous cupcakes my Mom ordered for me. Boy, they were delish.
To top it all off, my in-laws flew in to spend the weekend with us! As soon as their plane arrived we got in the car and drove to New Orleans to spend a few days. We had a fabulous dinner at Emeril's Delmanico in 'Nawlins Garden District. This was Grant's first white table cloth affair and he did pretty well. I think the fact that we were sitting in essentially a large sofa and he could hop from person to person helped the situation.
After dinner, we were anxious to do a little sight seeing before getting the kiddo to bed so we strolled down Bourbon Street. First time I've done that with a toddler in tow.
Ron and his parents
After an eventful day and a day full of traveling for Jim and Jody we turned in. We had big plans for the day ahead which I will document very soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment